Monday, March 29, 2010

Brahms' Requiem

We performed with First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley Chancel Choir on Palm Sunday evening. Since it was my first time performing with the Concert Choir, I was enthralled and had a wonderful time and felt every bit as cosmopolitan and erudite as the San Francisco Symphony. When I get my finances together, I am going to invest in a string of cheap pearls because that looks so elegant with our black dresses worn for the concert. I guess my favorite part of the Requiem is "For mortal flesh is as the grass," the second movement, the funeral march. That was the first part we rehearsed and I fell in love with the Requiem when I was introduced to it. Even though the performance took as long as the recording I'd been listening to, it seemed shorter. I think that is probably because when we rehearse, we start and stop, and it seems much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment