Sunday, April 4, 2010

Brother Sun, Sister Moon

I had never seen this movie though I'd wanted to see it for many years. I would give it four stars. From what I read on EWTN "Saints" page, the movie did not change too much in effect to "Hollywoodize" the movie. They kept making it seem like Clare and he would have an affair, but they never did. Francis really had about four other siblings that were never in the movie. I assume not much is known about them. The movie had him being seen by Pope Innocent III and shoved away, then the Pope says "Bring him back." That is in effect what happened: Francis saw someone lesser than the Pope and the Pope had a dream and said "Bring him to me." I loved the beautiful costumes of the rich people. Of course, Francis and his followers gave that up when they found their calling. The clothes are beautiful, but they shouldn't be gained on the backs of the poor. Henry Ford paid his workers enough so they could buy Ford cars of their own. I believe my dressmaking business in Haiti should pay the workers enough to buy dresses of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment