Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Hiding Place

When I was watching this movie, the story of Corrie Ten Boom and her being sent to a Nazi concentration camp for hiding Jews, I was very aware of the arthritis in my legs. This past winter has been the worse yet for my arthritis; many people in Nazi death camps must have died just because of their aches and pains of being a little older. Betsy died because she was of delicate constitution. I watched the film on Sunday; my arthritis has gotten progressively better each day since then. I thank God for being able to walk up and down the stairs pain-free. That reminds me of the day I went to the "Art of Activism" talk at the Redford Center. My shoes had fallen apart and I had to wear boots for about a week that hurt my feet. I could hardly walk the day of "The Art of Activism," but my new shoes I ordered arrived that day. One of the people being honored that night had sent shoes to barefoot Peruvian Indians. My feet became progressively pain-free each day after the talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment